On Cheaters & Cheating

It’s inevitable. At some point in our lives, we’re going to encounter a cheater—someone that’s willing to win at any cost, even at the expense of their integrity. It happens in business, politics, sport… Humans are both social and competitive, and sometimes those two qualities get in the way of each other.

Read More
Amina Moreau
Show, don't tell (Part II)

Human beings (read: audiences) have three innate psychological needs for optimal functioning. When we’ve got all three met, we’re golden. When one of these elements is missing, our “optimal functioning” becomes, well, suboptimal.

Read More
Amina Moreau
Show, don't tell (Part I)

Anthropologist Ray Birdwhistell once said that “no more than 35% of the social meaning of a conversation is carried by the words.” So how can we put better effort into the other 65%?

Read More
Amina Moreau
Why facts don't sell

The truth is, people tend to make judgements and decisions based on their gut first, and rationalize them afterward to fit their logical frameworks.

What does this mean for persuasive storytelling exactly? 

Read More
Amina Moreau
Why hard choices are a godsend

I realize that the biggest problem isn’t a lack of options. It’s the lack of a clear winner. There isn’t one alternative that stands out as being “better” than the others. And that is precisely what makes decisions hard...

Read More
Amina Moreau
The #1 Misinterpretation We Make In Biz Dev

If you’re an entrepreneur or in some sort of biz dev, you know that contacting people is a numbers game. Especially if you’re reaching out cold, no matter how succinct, personal, and unique your message is, there are some people that simply aren’t going to write you back...

Read More
Amina Moreau